So the question was asked, a ‘yes’ was given and now you’re both actually getting married. It can be little daunting, but it doesn’t have to be... I’m here to put you at ease and guide you down the path.
Here is an overview of how it all works with me as your celebrant...
– Initial consultation – this is where we get to know each other a little better so that you can decide if I’m the right celebrant for you. We can do the initial meeting face-to-face or over skype depending on where you live.
– Once I’m booked, an 50% deposit confirms your booking and we can start ticking off the legal requirements and crafting a beautiful ceremony.
– Lodgement of Notice of Intended Marriage Form. I’ll need to sight your original birth certificates OR your passports and if you have been married before, I’ll also need to sight the relevant divorce or death certificates.
– Provision of my ‘Ceremony Guide’ – full of resources to give you ideas on wording, vows and other special ways to create a unique ceremony.
– Creation of a personal, warm and genuine ceremony - I offer bespoke ceremonies, working closely with you to create a ceremony that is unique, moving and true to you as a couple.
– Unlimited drafts, emails and phone calls
– Final meeting and the chance for us to have a rehearsal. Ideally we meet at the ceremony location where we can run through the logistics of the ceremony to ensure everything runs smoothly on the day. This is often when you sign the last legal form, called the 'Declaration of No Legal Impediment to Marriage' form.
– Officiate the ceremony - I arrive 30 min early and provide my own PA system, signing table & chairs
– Lodgement of all legal documents with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages